QuickBooks Desktop, an accounting software created by the Intuit company, is used throughout the world to organize daily accounting chores and ensure financial robustness. Even after having the features and tools that can handle all the accounting needs of small and mid-sized enterprises, we cannot say QuickBooks is impeccable, and the reason behind this is its vulnerability to errors and technical bugs. Recently, many users have observed QuickBooks error PS101 when trying to download the most current payroll tax table updates.
An error message might appear on the computer screen stating, “The payroll did not complete successfully. Please try again.” There are a number of factors that can lead to such types of payroll update errors. Rectifying Payroll update error PS101 might seem difficult, but all it requires correct troubleshooting guidance that we are going to provide you within this post.
What are the factors causing Payroll update error PS101?
Payroll update error PS101 usually arises when there is severe damage in the program files of QuickBooks Desktop. Nonetheless, there can be other factors too behind its occurrence, such as:
- Any third-party application like Windows Firewall is preventing QuickBooks Desktop from downloading the payroll updates.
- Internet connection issue, which is not allowing you to download update.
You may also Read — QuickBooks Error 40001
What should be done to safely eliminate QuickBooks error PS101?
Troubleshooting of Quickbooks Error PS101 is slightly tricky, Still, our experts have managed to figure out to fix it and the steps are written below are:
Solution 1) Use Quick Fix my Program to fix the corruption present in the QuickBooks program files
- Close all the windows of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the newest version (18.104.22.168) and follow the instructions mentioned on your computer screen.
- Accept the terms and conditions to complete installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Double-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open it.
- From the left-side panel, select the Program Problems tab.
- Select the Quick Fix my Program option to start the tool.
- When the tool finishes fixing the QuickBooks program files, start QuickBooks Desktop.
- Attempt to download the latest payroll tax table updates and check if you get any payroll errors this time.
Solution 2) Set up the Windows Firewall security settings for QuickBooks Desktop
QBUpdate.exe is one essential service of QuickBooks that allows QuickBooks to Download and install new updates. Therefore we have listed below steps that can help you to configure your firewall appropriately.
- Open the Run command window.
- Type “control firewall.cpl” into the search column and then press the Enter key.
- Pick the Advanced Settings option.
- Right-click the Inbound Rules option and then pick the New Rule option.
- Choose the Port option and then click on the Next button.
- Confirm that the TCP option is already chosen.
- In the Specific local ports column, type the particular ports required for your QuickBooks version.
- Select the Next button.
- Pick the Allow the connection option and then click on the Next button.
- Make certain all the profiles are selected. Click on the Next button.
- Create a new rule and give it the title “QBPorts(year).”
- Click on the Finish button.
Create outbound rules for QuickBooks Desktop by repeating the aforementioned instructions.
Solution 3) Use Clean install Tool
If you are still encountering error PS101 Though you had followed the steps carefully, So you can do the last attempt where you need to reinstall your whole QB program.
If QuickBooks error PS101 happens even after implementing the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then we advise you to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in the Windows Safe mode. For additional troubleshooting assistance fixing Payroll update error PS101.