Did you misspell the name when making the United Airlines Reservation? Whenever a passenger has misspelled his/her name on the United Airlines ticket, it can be corrected according to the name correction/change policy. If a passenger has booked a flight with United Airlines and has misspelled the name, it can easily be corrected. To make United Airlines Name change, the passenger must follow the airline’s name change policy.
United Airlines name change policy
When a passenger has misspelled the name and wants to make changes to the itinerary, he can do so in accordance with the name change policy. Simply United Airlines name change policy is mentioned below and does not require supporting documentation:
- Correct the spelling of the passenger’s name.
- Correct the spelling of the last passenger number.
- Change a name to a nickname or vice versa.
- Make changes or correct the prefix or title.
- Add or remove a middle name or initial.
- Make corrections to the passenger’s first and last name backward.
Simple name changes/fixes: United Airlines
As long as a passenger has misspelled his name on the United Airlines ticket, it can be corrected according to the name correction/change policy. Here are some simple assumptions under the same policy that do not require any legal documentation:
- Correct the spelling of the name
- Correcting the spelling of the surname
- Change a nickname name or vice versa
- Change or correct a prefix (title)
- Delete or add an initial or middle name
- Correct inverted names and surnames
Critical name changes/fixes: United Airlines
Apart from these, there are also some major name changes/fixes that need legal documentation to proceed. Let’s take a look at the following supporting legal documents:
- Divorce agreement
- Marriage certificate
- Another government-issued document with your old name and the new one
Alternative name affidavit option: United Airlines
United Airlines also offers the alternative name affidavit option for its visitors. In case you are unable to submit the legal documentation mentioned above, you can submit a name affidavit option.
Additionally, the name affidavit states your name change along with a copy of your government-issued identification. So you have another legitimate way to make corrections to your name on the ticket with United Airlines. Customers are always on the softest surface when a business vigorously attacks for their well-being and comfort.
Significant name changes: United Airlines
Some of the name changes require legal or supporting documents, as mentioned below:
- Divorce decree
- Marriage license
- Legal name change document
- Government-issued ID reflecting current and former names.
How to request a name change?
To request a United Airline name change, please follow the steps below:
- Make the necessary changes to the name of the Mileage Plus account through the passenger profile.
- For a meaningful name change, find and upload the supporting documents.
- For more details on the United Airlines name change and the fare involved in making changes, a passenger can contact the reservation center. Representatives will assist passengers with all the necessary details for a name change. The support team is available 24 hours a day and can be contacted according to a suitable time interval. Contact details are provided on the official United Airlines website.
United Airlines change fees
United Airlines has permanently eliminated its change and cancellation fees for Economy, Economy Plus, First, Business, and Premium Plus tickets within the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), and flights from the U.S. to Mexico and the Caribbean. If you’re flying basic economy, it’s important to note that you can’t change or cancel your flight. For other international flights, change and cancellation fees apply.
Same-day standby changes are free, and same-day confirmed changes are available for MileagePlus Premier members.
While domestic change fees no longer exist, this fee can be as much as $400 on international flights. If you’re flying basic economy, however, it’s important to note that you can’t change your flight after the 24-hour post-booking period — and if you want to cancel, you won’t be refunded at all.
CALL ✆ RESERVATIONS TEAM: +1 (833) 584-08-69