It is pretty much common to encounter issues while using Quickbooks in multi-user mode. Quickbooks error code H202 is one of the common issues that you may encounter while switching Quickbooks to multi-user mode. This makes your Quickbooks incompatible with the server system. Because of this, you may not be able to access the company file on the system. It implies that the Quickbooks application which you are trying to access is present on some other system and Quickbooks is not able to connect to the system. This post emphasizes explaining to you what Quickbooks error code H202 is and how you can fix it.
Causes Leading to Quickbooks Error Code H202
It will become easier for you to get rid of the issue if you know what causes it. Below we have listed all the prevalent reasons for Quickbooks error H202.
- You have misconfigured Quickbooks hosting settings on your server system or workstation.
- The firewall present on your system is blocking the communication between different systems in the multi-user mode.
- In case the Quickbooks related file is damaged or corrupted.
- Next, the very common reason for facing issues while using Quickbooks in multi-user mode is that the database server manager has stopped working on the system.
- Also, it may occur because of misconfigured DNS settings.
- Lastly, you may have made changes to network configuration which may lead to such issues.
Identify Quickbooks Error H202 with These Symptoms
Below is the complete list of all the symptoms of Quickbooks error H202.
- Users may fail to use multi-user mode in Quickbooks.
- Your system may become inactive.
- The hardware will freeze after a certain period for some time restricting you to perform any operation on the system.
- The user may not be able to start the company file on any other system.
- Error prompt related to error code H202 occurs on the screen frequently.
Advanced Methods to Fix Quickbooks Error H202
Different solutions can be used to fix Quickbooks error code H202. In this section, we have explained to you some proven methods to resolve the issue. We have listed all relevant steps with each method for your guidance. Ensure to follow all the steps in the same sequence to avoid complicating the issue.
Method 1: Utilize Quickbooks Doctor Tool
- To begin with, terminate the Quickbooks application on the system. Make sure that no other Quickbooks application is running on the system.
- Next, open your preferred browser and then open Intuit website.
- From the website, you will have to download the compatible version of the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- When done, you will have to tap on the downloads folder in your system and then tap on the downloaded file.
- Now, you will have to click on the Next option and then proceed with the process.
- Choose the installation folder and also tap on Agree option.
- Finish the installation by following all the on-screen instructions.
- When done, you will have to tap on the Quickbooks tool hub icon.
- In the tool window, you will have to click on the company file issues option.
- On the tab, choose to start the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- The tool will take some time to load. When the tool will load, you will have to tap on the Browse option and then choose the Quickbooks file.
- When done, tap on the check file damage option.
- Now, wait till the diagnosis is complete.
- In the end, start Quickbooks and check if the error persists.
Method 2: Check if Crucial Quickbooks Processes Running on the System
- For this, you will have to start Quickbooks on the server system.
- On the Quickbooks application, tap on the File tab and then choose the “Utilities” option.
- You will then have to tap on the option to host multi-user access.
- When done, you will have to start the Run window on the system.
- In the run window, enter services.msc.
- The list of all the services will appear on your screen. From the list of services, tap on the QBCFMonitorService and then click on it.
- Choose the startup type as automatic and then ensure that the service status shows running.
- Hover to the recovery tab and then click on the drop-down menu. Choose all failures and then click on the restart
- When done, click on the apply option and then tap on OK.
- You will then have to carry out the same steps for Quickbooks DBXX.
Method 3: Create New Company File Folder
- On your server system, you will have to make a new folder.
- You will have to then make changes in the properties and permissions section. Choose to share the Quickbooks file.
- When done, you will have to tap on the file having the qbw extension. Now, copy that file to the folder that you have created.
- Now, start multi-user mode and then start the Quickbooks company file.
- Check if you are still facing the same issue.
The error can be resolved easily if proper measures are followed properly. These methods will surely help you fix the issue. In case you continue facing the same issue, you can seek technical guidance for immediate solutions. For more articles visit here .