India is a land of diversity, culture, and traditions. It is known for its food, mathematics, and entertainment. It has a rich history and a high-spirited future.
Before you join your hands to say “Namaste”, let’s explore India briefly.
Fun Facts About India:
- The famous “Snakes and Ladder” game originated in India.
- It has 22 recognized and 2 official languages.
- Indians celebrate over 25 official festivals vibrantly every year.
- India is known as the land of Ayurveda and Yoga.
- Being the largest producer of spices, India contributes around 70% of the World’s Spices production.
Things to Know About India:
Apart from the fun facts, India has numerous things that may fill you with excitement to explore the country.
Cultures and Diversity:
People speak in diverse languages, dress differently, follow distinct religions and eat varied food but have the same welcoming temperament.
Every 100 miles, the language, tradition, and landscape change, making the travellers feel like they travelled multiple countries instead of one.
In India, whether it is a celebration or a moment of grief, the community participates genuinely. A festival or an occasion is not constrained to a family or a home.
A community or neighbourhood is involved in bringing out a joyous occasion to life. Indian weddings are an example of such events.
India is a charming country, rich in diversity and culture.
Monuments and Nature:
India has monuments and natural wonders of every possible kind.
Dense jungles, enormous waterfalls, sandy deserts, massive mountain peaks, and lakes. India has it all!
Kerala’s Backwaters, Goa’s Dudhsagar Waterfall, Manipur’s Floating Lake, West Bengal’s Sundarban’s Forest and Karnataka’s Savandurga Hills are some of the examples depicting the beauty of the country.
Monuments like the Taj Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Red Fort, Golden Temple, Ajanta & Ellora Caves, and many such represent India’s history and architecture.
These places must be visited at least once in a lifetime.
Key Features About India:
- India has the largest democracy in the world.
- The Statue of Unity is the world’s tallest statue located in Gujarat.
- Varanasi is 5000 years old. It is one of the oldest inhabited places around the globe.
- It has the world’s only floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar.
- India has over 3,00,00 mosques and 2 million Hindu temples.
Education In India
Here is a list of the top 6 reasons why you should choose India for education.
- 2nd Largest Education System:
India is home to over 400 universities and 17,000 colleges, making it the second-largest education system globally.
These universities and colleges offer various Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate programs.
- Well Ranked Prospering Universities:
India has the top universities when it comes to engineering and technology.
These universities are known for their teaching excellence, diversity, and pushing the boundaries of their students.
- Varied Range of Courses:
India offers a vast array of academic courses in its various universities. The Indian education system provides a blend of academic and cultural courses.
India’s higher education hosts a variety of unique courses like Ayurveda, Sanskrit, and Hindi.
- Economically Affordable:
Compared to other countries, India offers affordable and top-class education. Various scholarships, educational loans, and financial schemes are available for the students.
Not only education, but the cost of living and luxury is also cheaper when compared to other countries in the world.
- Growing Economy:
The Economy of India is on the rise. Experts predict that it may be the 3rd largest economy in the world by 2030.
It can be considered as the best choice to be a part of its dynamic global business landscape and get an inside edge by being a part of the exciting time of rising economy for education.
- Heterogeneity & Hospitality:
You can’t beat Indians when it comes to hospitality. Their slogan “Atithi Devo Bhava” means that a guest is like a god.
They are very welcoming. You will be one amongst them while maintaining your existing uniqueness in no time.
Yes, cultural shock can be a part of your educational experience in India, but it will only help you unblock different language, cultural and comfort barriers.
Seek the described traits by seeking a valuable learning experience in India’s top universities.
Top Universities In India:
There are top universities in India’s several states and union territories. Here is a list of prime universities in India.
- Delhi University, New Delhi
- Indian Institute Of Science (IISC), Bangalore
- Bangalore University, Bangalore
- University Of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Among the top cities in India, Bangalore is one of the top choices among many students. You can also count this city as a top choice for pursuing your education.
Things to know about Bangalore:
- Bangalore is the “Tech Capital of India”. It is known as Silicon Valley and the Garden City of the Country.
- It has produced the maximum number of scientists who match the calibre of Nobel laureates.
- There are over 25 lakes that offer water, peace, and entertainment to the city.
- Bangalore is the birthplace of several startups. It houses some of the most successful startups such as Ola, Flipkart, Dunzo, etc.
- The city welcomes people with all kinds of interests and professions. It hosts various festivals, forums, and job opportunities, making it a city of all.
You can be a part of this vibrant city life by seeking direct admission in Karnataka and experience all the benefits.
List of Colleges in Bangalore:
You can secure your admission in Bangalore in over 500 colleges offering various courses in medical, engineering, law, arts, etc. Here is a list of top colleges in Bangalore.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
- Jain University
- Christ University
- National Law School of India University
- Ramaiah Institute Of Technology
Check out the above-mentioned colleges, along with others, and choose your preferred one for direct admission in Bangalore.
While India may not be the first country that crosses your mind for abroad education, if your goal is to see the world, India could be a great place to start.
From mountains to beaches, luxury to austerity and traditions to modernity, the country offers the perfect blend you need to experience a new perception of life and education.
Take the educational journey to India and let the reality of this article take over you.