QuickBooks Desktop, an accounting application from Intuit Inc., is widespread, with small to mid-sized companies and individuals searching for solutions to manage accounting and financial tasks. With the incomparable features and tools, QuickBooks Desktop is truly an exemplary application. However, even after this impressive profile of QuickBooks Desktop, we cannot consider it impeccable as there are numerous errors and technical bugs that users can get while working with it. QuickBooks error 6000 301 is one of the most common errors, which occurs when users try to open their company files in QuickBooks Desktop. An error message might pop up on the computer screen displaying, “An error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again.” With this post, we will talk about the reasons behind QuickBooks error code 6000 301, alongside their troubleshooting solutions.
If you are facint error 6000 301 in QuickBooks,So you can read or feel free to contact our QuickBooks professionals at (855)-856-0042.
You may also read — QuickBooks error 40001
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 6000 301?
QuickBooks error code 6000 301 generally occurs when a user tries to open the company files in an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application. Nonetheless, there also can be other reasons behind its occurrence, such as:
- There are some issues with the company file, such as data damage or corruption.
Troubleshooting for QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 301
Solution 1) Download and install the most recent updates of QuickBooks Desktop
- Shut all the windows of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Expand the Windows Start menu.
- Search for your QuickBooks Desktop version and right-click on its logo.
- Pick the Run as administrator option.
- On the No Company Open window, choose the Help menu.
- Choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down list.
- On the Options tab, choose the Mark All button and then hit the Save button.
- Reach the Update Now tab and then checkmark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Select the Get Updates option.
- Once the downloading of updates is finished, close QuickBooks Desktop and relaunch it.
- When prompted, select the Yes option to install the downloaded updates.
- The moment its prompts finish installation, Click on finish and restart the computer.
Solution 2) Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to fix the company file issues
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file from its official source.
- Next, Start the installation process of Tool Hub.
- Double click on its icon to open QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Company File Issues tab from the left-sidebar.
- Choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option and then pick your company file from the drop-down list,
- Select the Check your file option and then hit the Continue button.
- When prompted, type in the admin password of QuickBooks and then select the Next button.
Solution 3) Change the Folder permission
If you are trying to open the file which is hosted on the read-only network, So you may stumble upon the error 6000 301 in QuickBooks. Therefore we are here urging you to check the folder permission and If allow your folder for all types of services.
Solution 4) Move the ND and TLG file
Network data file and Transaction log files may cause also the error 6000 301, if the files are damaged and To check whether these files cause any damage or note. You just need to cut the file from its location and paste the files somewhere. Now try to open the company file.
Suppose you face QuickBooks error 6000 301 even after following the troubleshooting solutions discussed above in the post. In that case, the configuration files required for QuickBooks to open the company files might have been damaged. Hence, our suggestion for you is to repair the QuickBooks configuration files. For furthermore troubleshooting help to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6000 301, please speak to our QuickBooks support team at (855)-856-0042.