If QuickBooks taking longer than usual while opening the company file, it is because of the large company file data. As the company file increases, the software’s performance decreases, and it takes a long time to accomplish tasks within QuickBooks. Corrupt installation of QuickBooks and damaged Windows operating system can also be the reason for ‘QuickBooks slow to open over network issue’. Continue reading the blog for in-depth information on the ‘QuickBooks takes forever to open’ issue, its causes and solutions.
If you are struggling with QuickBooks running slow issue and want an instant solution for it, then get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals by dialling our toll-free number (855)-856-0042
You may read: QuickBooks error 6129
Why is my QuickBooks so slow?
Here are some possible reasons behind the issue:
- QuickBooks company file size is too large.
- You are using an old version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Your workstation does not fulfil the minimum system requirements.
- There might be some corruption in the hard drive.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure discussed below.
Possible Quick Fixes for QuickBooks running slow
Following are the most effective solutions to fix the error:
Solution 1. Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
The tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub will find and fix .NET Framework, MSXML and C++ issues. To run the tool, download QuickBooks Tool Hub. Here’s how:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the application and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Open the tool hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Within the tool hub, choose the Program Problems tab.
- Click QuickBooks Program Diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool run and fix the issues.
- Once the tool finishes, reboot your computer and open QuickBooks again.
If the error continues, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Make sure QuickBooks is updated to its latest release
If your QuickBooks desktop version is outdated, update QuickBooks manually using the steps given below:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop and right-click on its icon.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move to the Options tab.
- Click Mark All and then Save.
- Go to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start the download, click on Get Updates.
- When the download completes, reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click Yes to start the installation.
- Restart your computer.
We tried our best to help you overcome QuickBooks running slow issue. If you still have any problems, feel free to contact the QuickBooks support team by dialling our helpline number 1-(855)-856-0042.