QuickBooks is a perfect software tool for middle to small-sized businesses to address and procure their accounting needs. It has made quite a name for itself in the industry owing to its automated solutions and 24*7 customer support. However, errors and bugs continue to make a user’s daily operations extremely difficult. That’s why we will discuss QuickBooks error H202 in this blog and how you can fix it like a pro. A little about the issue, its error message states that this company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting. The error points out to issues connection between the company file and QuickBooks workstation.
On a different note, if you feel the requirement of some external assistance to take out the error, call on the toll-free number 844-932-1139 anytime.
Causes Behind the QuickBooks Desktop Error H202
We know that the error H202 in QuickBooks arises due to a network failure. Below are mentioned the reasons likely behind the failure to connect to the company file.
- The hosting configuration settings may be incorrect.
- QuickBooks in the server system is unable to find the IP address of the host system.
- The incoming and outgoing communication may be blocked by the firewall in the server computer.
- Some damage in the QuickBooks network data (.ND) file.
- The DNS server is experiencing some conflicts.
- Internal QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor are not running on the server.
The issue can be resolved if you could find out the cause (either of the above) and act on it by following the solutions mentioned in the next segment.
Read Also – QuickBooks Condense Data Error
What are the solutions you could try to rectify the QuickBooks error H202?
There are multiple resolving methods to fix the QuickBooks connection error H202 in no time. Let’s check out some of them.
Solution- 1: Set the Database Server Manager to Run Automatically
The issue could arise if QuickBooks Database server manager does not start with the application. Follow the steps mentioned below to configure it to run automatically when you open the QuickBooks.
- Close QuickBooks and press Windows Key+R to open the Run window.
- Type services.msc in the Run window and press Enter.
- After the Services window shows up, look for the QuickBooks DBXX and double-click on it.
- QuickBooksDBXX Properties window will show up.
- Choose Automatic under the Startup Type.
- Set the Service status to either Running or Started. If not, then choose Start.
- Later, click on the Recovery tab and select Restart the Service under all the drop-own menus.
- Select Apply and click on OK.
If the H202 error still comes up, try the next solution.
Solution- 2: Add QuickBooks to the Exception list in the Firewall
Your firewall could be interrupting the network connection between the workstation and the server. Configure it by following the steps mentioned below.
- In the workstation computer, open the Control Panel.
- Go to the firewall settings and click on Allow a Program through the Firewall.
- Select Add programs under the Exception list and add QuickBooks 20XX (XX being the product year of your software).
- Click on Save.
Restart your computer after finishing the steps
Here we would like to conclude our blog on the QuickBooks error H202. We hope that you find the information here relevant to your queries. However, if you can’t resolve the issue even after completing the solutions, feel free to call on the helpline number 844-932-1139 anytime.
QuickBooks error h202 switching to multi-user mode, QuickBooks error h202 when contacting the server, QuickBooks error h202 windows 10, QuickBooks error h202 windows 7, What is QuickBooks error h202, QuickBooks desktop error h202, QuickBooks error h202 and h505, QuickBooks error h202 code, QuickBooks error h202 fix