Are you searching for simple ways to resolve the Error Code H202? We will assist you by providing all the detailed information about this error, the reason behind the h202 error, and ways to fix it. You have to read this post till the end to know everything about them. The error H202 appears on your system when you try to use the QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode or while it fails to open a company file stored on another system. You may receive an error message on your system like:-
Error Code: H202
“This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
“Problem with multi-user hosting setup. QuickBooks could not open the file in multi-user mode.(H202)”
Reason Behind the QuickBooks Error H202
Below are the following most common causes of QuickBooks error H202:-
- When the hosting configuration setting is wrong.
- If the QuickBooks file setting blocks the access of company files.
- If QuickBooks is unable to find the main IP address of the host or by using the other IP address.
- The company data exchange between QuickBooks and the server is blocked by the firewall.
- When DNS settings are not properly configured.
- On the QuickBooks Desktop, the host and server IP address are not available.
- When a .ND file is damaged and corrupted.
- If QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX services are not running.
- If the QuickBooks database server manager has issues.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Code H202
Here are the following symptoms of Multi-user switching error H202 are mentioned below:-
- There is an issue with switching multiple-user modes.
- Not able to start the company file that is located on another PC.
- Receive an error message of QuickBooks error Code H202 on your system screen.
- Your system froze or stopped working for a minute.
- Windows gets slow.
Methods to Resolve QB Error H202
Before you start performing the troubleshooting ways to fix QuickBooks error H202, make sure that you logged in to the QB as an Admin. Then, follow the methods correctly:-
Method 1- From Workstation Ping the Server
You have to ping the server from the workstation to verify the connections. Now, follow the below steps:-
Step 1- Turn on Network Discovery on your PC
- Initially, open the Windows start menu on your server.
- Open the search bar and enter the Network then open the network and sharing center.
- Now, select Change advanced sharing settings.
- Make sure that Turn on network discovery is selected in network discovery and also on file and printer sharing option.
Step 2- From your Server Select your Server
- In your server PC, open the windows start.
- Open the search bar and enter run and open it.
- Now, enter CMD in the Run tab and click on enter.
- Then, enter ipconfig/all in the CMD windows.
- After that, search the hostname in the windows IP configuration option. On the right side, your server name will display.
Step 3- Network Connection Test
- Firstly, open the run window by pressing the Windows+R key together.
- Then, enter CMD in the box.
- You have to ping your server from your computer.
- Now, type ping_server name and hit enter button.
Method 2- QuickBooks Services Verify
If the server is running on the full version of QuickBooks, then follow the steps to start multi-user hosting mode:
- First of all, open the QuickBooks.
- Move to the File then Utilities.
- Now, select the Host Multi-user access.
For checking the running status of QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService follow the given steps:-
- Open the Run windows by pressing and holding the Window+R keys.
- Then, enter in services.msc in the text field and hit the OK button.
- Now choose QuickBooksDBXX.
- Verify the startup option whether it is Automatic or not.
- If it is not selected then do it.
- Now, verify the Service status and make sure it will show Running.
- Move to the Recovery tab and click it.
- Then, go to the drop-down menu and tap on restart the service.
- Click on the Apply option and tap on Ok.
- Lastly, you have to perform all the same steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Method 3- Firewall Setting Configure
The system firewall sometimes blocks the data exchange between the QuickBooks and the server. Follow the steps to configure the QuickBooks firewall settings:-
- You have to create exceptions in the settings of the system firewall.
- Make some changes in firewall permission and then open QuickBooks.
- Then, select the Switch to multi-user mode from the file menu.
Method 4- Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is a troubleshooting tool that fixes the different types of QuickBooks errors like H101, H202, h303, OR H505. follow the below steps to download and run the tool:-
- First of all, download the QuickBooks tool hub from the official website.
- Then, open the tool and go to the company file issue.
- From the drop-down menu tap on the company file. If you are not able to find then move to the browser and search.
- When it has been done then, click on the check box for file and tap on Continue.
- Finally, enter the QuickBooks admin password and select the Next option.
- Now, the scanning time will depend on the file size, it may take up to 5 minutes. When it is complete then open the QuickBooks and then the company file.
Method 5- Add Server on Windows Host File
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks windows.
- Then, move to the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Driver\etc.
- Now, click on the hosts file and choose the notepad that prompted the program.
- Manually type in the IP address and then the computer name.
For server, enter IP and computer name.
For the computer, enter the IP of the server and the name of the computer.
- Now, to separate the IP and computer name, click on the tab key instead of the space bar.
- Lastly, try to open the QuickBooks in multi-user mode and verify whether H202 is fixed or not.
Method 6- Create New Folder For QB Company File
- You have to create a new folder on the server.
- Then, make some changes in permission for the new folder and share the QuickBooks company file.
- Now, copy the .qbw file to a new folder.
- Finally, open the company file in multi-user mode.
For more articles visit: Business
Above we discuss How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H202. Hope that all the information that we mentioned above this error will be helpful for you and resolve all the errors. Also, check out other posts to know more about this issue or any other problem.