The company file is meant to hold all of your financial data and naturally increases in size as it inculcates more data. One issue that several users are fed up with facing while creating or accessing their company file is QuickBooks Error 6000 106. This error falls under the infamous 6000 series of issues in QB. There are numerous that might trigger this problem, a damaged data file being one of them. Early symptoms include slowed down the performance of the system, sudden shut down of QBDT, delayed responses, and inability to save further data. Instead, let us now look at the practices that can be incorporated in order to eradicate this error.
Looking for expert-level guidance to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 106? Dial 1-855-856-0042, speak with one of our pro-advisors and instantly get reliable help.
Read More — QuickBooks Error PS101
Factors that Provoke QuickBooks Error Code 6000 106
- If the QB data file has incurred any damage, error 6000 106 can show up.
- Sudden invasion by a virus, leading to the corruption of QB folder.
- Error in the company file, i.e. the file name is too long, includes white spaces or special characters.
- Insufficient permission access for QB folder.
- Firewall may not allowing your QuickBooks to access the data file under is current Inbound and outbound Rule.
Quick Resolution Methods for QuickBooks Error Message 6000 106
Hope you have now very well aware of the reason for error 6000 106 and Now You can Follow the below-enlisted solution to understand diversities in troubleshooting it.
Option 1 – Check the Company File Name and Delete Unnecessary Characters
- Sign out of QuickBooks Desktop from all the workstations.
- Access QBDT on your server and press the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Select your company file location and paste it on the notepad.
- Now, click on the Windows icon and go to the search panel.
- Paste the copied location and hit the Enter key.
- Look for your company file (company file name.qbw) when directed to a new window.
- Right-click on it and select Rename.
- If there are any extra spaces in the name of the file, remove them. Also, remove any special characters from the name.
- Open QuickBooks again and try to create the data file again.
Option 2 –Run the Quick Fix my Program feature from QB Tool Hub
- Exit from QuickBooks Desktop and go to Intuit’s website.
- Download the newest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save its file at an accessible location.
- Double-click on the file and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
- Launch the Tool Hub on your screen and tap on the Program Problems button.
- Choose the “Quick Fix my Program” option and wait for sometime until the program scans your device.
- Once finished, close the window and access QB along with your company file.
Option 3 – Change the Extension of ND and TLG file
ND and TLG files are the file that consists the vital information. Therefore we have listed the steps below very carefully about Renaming ND and TLG files with delicacy.
- Open the File Folder where your company file is saved.
- In the company file Folder, You need to lookup for the file with ND extension.
- First, Rename the ND File.
- Then Rename the TLG.
- Now, Restart the computer load the QB, and open the same data file.
Option 4 – Setup Properly your Firewall application
If your system has installed a firewall application, then you must need to configure its inbound and outbound network rule.
In this blog, we aimed to share all possible concepts that revolve around QuickBooks Error 6000 106, including its causes and corresponding solutions. We hope, as a user, you were able to gain relevant information from here. If you continue to encounter this error, it is best to get in touch with our professional crew for speedy assistance. Call 1-855-856-0042.