QuickBooks is a perfect software tool for middle to small-sized businesses to address and procure their accounting needs. It has made quite a name for itself in the industry owing to its automated solutions and 24*7 customer support. However, errors and bugs continue to make a user’s daily operations extremely difficult. That’s why we will discuss QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error in this blog and how you can fix it like a pro. A little about the issue, its error message states that “It appears that the QuickBooks software on the computer is set up to allow shared access to the company file, but the QuickBooks software on your computer is unable to communicate with it”. The error points out to issues connection between the company file and QuickBooks workstation.
You may Like to Read : QuickBooks Error PS038
Company file errors require a quick fix to avoid severe damage. Call on the toll-free number 844-932-1139 anytime to get immediate assistance on the line.
Causes Behind the QuickBooks won’t Open Company File Error
We know that the QuickBooks fails to open company file due to a network failure. Below are mentioned the other reasons likely behind this failure.
- The network data file is either corrupted or damaged due to malware infestation.
- The database server manager is not running.
- The company file folder does not have the sharing access permissions required to host and share the file with other workstations.
- The QuickBooks Desktop is not updated.
The issue can be resolved if you could find out the cause (either of the above) and act on it by following the solutions mentioned in the next segment.
What are the solutions you could try to rectify the QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error?
There are multiple resolving methods to fix the QuickBooks firewall error in no time. Let’s check out some of them.
Solution- 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
If the company file is damaged, the QuickBooks fails to connect with it. Fix the damage with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor by following the steps mentioned below. On an additional note, you need to have the QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the file doctor. Download it from the Inuit’s website and install it prior to following the steps below.
- Open the QB tool hub and click on the Company File issues.
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor and select your company file from the menu to fix it.
- Click on Check your file and select Continue.
- Enter your QB credentials and click on Next.
If the error still comes up, try the next solution.
Solution- 2: Stop the Multi-user Hosting from the Workstations
If any of the workstation has the hosting turned on, the QuickBooks fails to map the company file correctly. Follow the steps mentioned below to efficiently resolve the problem.
- Open QuickBooks on all of the workstations without opening the company file.
- Under the File menu, select Utilities and click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Close QuickBooks and open it on the host server.
- Go to the File menu and click on Utilities.
- Click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access and restart it by selecting back the Host Multi-User Access.
After that, reset the hosting on the server computer.
Here we would like to conclude our blog on the QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error. We hope that you find the information here relevant to your queries. However, if you can’t resolve the issue even after completing the solutions, feel free to call on the helpline number 844-932-1139 anytime.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6073