QuickBooks by Intuit has grown in popularity over the last few years. Small and medium-sized companies have begun to rely heavily on it because it has some powerful features such as handling finances, raising invoices, processing payments, storing vital accounting data, and more. Since it is a piece of software, it is susceptible to bugs and technical issues. Frequently, users encounter a variety of issues that cause their business activities to slow. The loss of data is a common issue that users face. When you use this app, you will notice an additional folder with new folders. This is the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder, which backs up all of your business’s files.
ADR is an essential tool for backing up your files. The loss of your data can have a significant effect on business activities, which is where this tool comes in handy. Except for transactions completed within the last few hours, the Auto Data Recovery function uses your current Transaction Log file and a replica of your company file to restore all missing transactions. ADR can assist the user in regaining access to a missing file by:
- Using the latest Transaction log file and a backup of the company file, restore the missing transactions.
- Also, using a backup of both the file manager and the transaction log file, restore all transactions except the last few hours.
About QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks has an ARD feature, which stands for QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery. The primary purpose of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is to protect QuickBooks’ corrupted media. Inuit, the QuickBooks maker, first developed it for Pro and Premier in the pilot process. In 2012, it was also released for the Enterprise version. QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery ensures that files are protected and, most importantly, that data is available. The best thing about this tool is that if the data remains intact, there is no risk of any financial data being lost.
Important Points To Remember Before Using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
- You can only access the Auto Data Recovery feature if you have QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Solutions for Windows.
- Accountants Edition does not include the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool (ADR).
- The file size of 1.5 Gigabytes (maximum) can be backed up. QuickBooks would be unable to build the Auto Data Recovery file if the file size exceeds 1.5 Gigabytes.
- Use the most recent updated edition of QuickBooks to get the most out of the tool.
How does QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool Works?
This tool’s application is its core, and it is based on Sybase technology. If a QuickBooks mistake or bug happens, there are two ways to fix it.
Utilizing QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery to Restore Data that Has Been Lost
Let’s take a look at a quick overview of the QuickBooks ADR file before you make any decisions:
- The QuickBooks ADR file is a feature available only in QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions. ADR files are also missing from QuickBooks Accountant.
- There is a flaw in the QB ADR code. A backup that is larger than 1.5 GB cannot be made.
- To take advantage of these features, the user should ensure that QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the most recent version.
Solution 1: Replace the.TLG file with the ‘.QBW.adr’ file.
- To retrieve all transactions in Method 1, you must use the initial QuickBooks ADR file and Transaction Log file edition of the company file.
- The first move is to create the most recent folder on your machine.
- The second step is to give the folder you just built the name QBTest.
- After that, you must proceed to the folder where the firm file is saved as the next move. If you can’t find the company file, go to the Product Information screen and look for it.
- Directly into the QBTest folder, paste the equivalent company file (.tlg file). This must be saved to your computer’s desktop.
Solution 2: Make use of it sooner. TLG.ADR and QBW.ADR files
The QuickBooks ADR file is used in the second process. Both.QBW and.TLG folders will be included in this. Only transactions completed within the last 12 hours can be restored using this process.
- The first step is to make a folder on your computer’s desktop.
- QBTest should be the name of the folder you just made.
- The third stage requires you to open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder.
- All you have to do now is catch both for the final move. Files with the extensions TLG.adr and QBW.adr.
- It should be saved in the QBTest folder. And that’s it! You have effectively restored your missing data in only a few easy measures.
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool is an amazing tool for QuickBooks users who want to retrieve their lost data. If you are facing any problem with this tool you can reach out to the QuickBooks customer service experts via live chat.