QuickBooks is the platform for business to small-sized businesses to carry out automated solutions for their daily-to-daily workplace accounting tasks. With its ever-innovating interface, tools, and a dedicated 24*7 customer support, we can say that its users get a cost-for-value deal in most of the cases. However, there are some instances where issues like QuickBooks error 6190 present a state of confusion. It is generated due to an issue in the multi-user mode while connecting with the company file that is on the server. The error message is “QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. It may have been opened by another user”. So let’s clear it more by discussing its causes and solutions in detail below.
On a different note, if you require any assistance to resolve the error, call on the toll-free number 844-932-1139 anytime and get immediate help from the experts.
Causes of the QuickBooks 2018 error message 6190
There are many reasons behind the QuickBooks Desktop error 6190 816. Some of them are mentioned below.
- There are some discrepancies between the Transaction Log file (.TLG) and the QuickBooks Company File (.QBW).
- When the transaction log file is not updated on a system where you are trying to update the company file.
- Possible data damage in the company file can also be a valid reason behind the error.
- It could be possible that more than one user tries to open the company file together in single-user mode.
After checking with the possible reasons behind the problem, let’s find some solutions to fix it.
What are the steps required to rectify the QuickBooks error 6190?
Below are mentioned the solutions you could try to fix the QuickBooks Pro error 6190.
Solution- 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor from the Tool Hub
When the damaged file presents issues in the multi-user connectivity, it is important to fix the corruption or damage in the data file by running the QB file doctor utility. Follow the steps mentioned below to run it.
- Exit from QuickBooks and download the tool hub from the Intuit website.
- Install the tool hub and run it.
- Click on Company File Issues and choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Select the company fie from the drop-down menu and run a scan.
If the problem is not fixed, follow the next solution.
Also Read – QuickBooks error H202
Solution- 2: Rename the Network Data File and the Transaction log File
The network data and the transaction log files are quite important in the multi-user connectivity in QuickBooks. If they are damaged, the user must rename them to rebuild the fresh, untainted .ND and .TLG files by following the steps mentioned below.
- Navigate to the folder containing QuickBooks company file and open it
- Now locate the corresponding network file with extension .ND.
- Right-click on the .ND file and select the Rename option.
- Add .KBG at the end of its name and press the enter key.
- Follow the same steps with the transaction log file with the extension .TLG in the same folder.
The new file will be created once you open the company file in QuickBooks.
At this point, we would like to end this blog on QuickBooks error 6190. We hope that you find the content useful and relevant to your query. However, if that’s not the case, call on the helpline number 844-932-1139 and get immediate assistance.
Other Search Query:-
Error code 6190, Error message 6190 in QuickBooks, How to fix QuickBooks error 6190, Intuit error 6190, QuickBooks Company File Error 6190, QuickBooks Desktop error 6190, QuickBooks error code 6190, QuickBooks error message code 6190