QuickBooks is believed the most effective accounting software which has simplified bookkeeping and finance management. The software allows syncing of business accounts or third-party tools or applications for financial savings. However, this sometimes creates issues and ends up in the QuickBooks Error Code 3140.
In this blog context, we’ll discuss the possible causes and solutions of QB Error 3140. This error is easily solved by self but just in case of any query, you’ll take assistance from QuickBooks Error Support Service providers.
Results of QuickBooks Error 3140
- When the error 3140 happens, the active windows start to crash.
- It also ends up in the crashing of PC/Laptop/Notebook etc. wherever the software is installed.
- At regular intervals, there’s periodic freezing of the screen.
- Windows don’t work properly and respond slowly to the keyboard or mouse.
- The QuickBooks Error 3140 is displayed on the screen.
Possible Causes of QB Error 3140
The QuickBooks Error 3140 message would come up during the installation of the program or while running it. It can even happen at the time of Start-up or shutdown of windows. There are several instances of why it can happen and it’s suggested that you just track when and the way the error message is displayed.
Below are the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 3140.
- One of the major causes behind the QuickBooks Error 3140 is that the corruption of QuickBooks software download or incomplete installation of the software.
- Just in case, you’ve got made any changes within the QuickBooks software or the other related application, the change can cause corruption within the Windows registry.
- Another main reason behind QuickBooks error 3140 is malware infection of the system and this might result in corruption of the program files associated with the software or Windows system.
- Removal of QuickBooks-related files maliciously or mistakenly.
- Mainly The QuickBooks Error 3140 could be a runtime error and there are various reasons for it. And that’s why it’s important to know its causes then troubleshoot accordingly to avoid it shortly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
The QuickBooks error 3140 is often easily solved by the subsequent troubleshooting methods. However, you’ll reach out to the QuickBooks error support services to know it better. The answer could be a little time taking but to repair it properly all the steps should be performed.
✔ Solution 1:
- The primary thing to try and do is repair all Registry Entries that are associated with Error 3140.
- Once done, scan your system to examine if it’s infected by malware.
- Clean all files that are of no use from your system especially temporary files and folders with the assistance of disk Cleanup.
- Update all of your device’s drivers to the newest version.
- It’s suggested that you just store your previous setting and for this, you need to set your restore point within the Windows System. You’ll change whenever required later.
- Check all the windows programs that are associated with QuickBooks. Once done, uninstall then reinstall them back.
- After this on your Windows System run File Checker.
- Finally, you need to try and do clean windows installation.
✔ Solution 2:
- First Click on the beginning button
- Within the search box type Update then click on Enter.
- Once done, the Windows Update dialogue box will come up on the screen.
- Then click on Install Updates if any updates are available.
✔ Solution 3:
The best way of resolving this error is to clean all the junk files using windows disk cleanup. This method can resolve most of the windows also as QuickBooks problems.
- Firstly click on the windows button.
- Then type cmd, on your keyboard. (Do not hit the enter button yet)
- Press Ctrl + Shift keys then hit Enter button.
- Now you’ll get a pop-up dialogue box on your desktop screen, click on Yes.
- A black window will open, where you require typing cleanmgr then pressing enter key, on your keyboard.
- Once the system gets this command the Disk cleanup will start and scan what quantity space you’ll recover.
- A disk cleanup box will open with checkboxes. You would like to select the checkboxes you would wish to clean.
- Finally, click on OK.
- Once the method is done, your system will free from too many unwanted files.
As QuickBooks Error Code 3140 crashes the system or stops the running programs, the users get panicked and more so as the system takes a lot of your time to restart. This error hinders work thereby affecting the business operations. To avoid such issues, it’s recommended that you simply improve the system’s speed.
Even though QuickBooks error 3140 can affect your work, it is often easily fixed. However, you must recheck your system and perform the steps mentioned above.