Is your QuickBooks application also showing QuickBooks Error 3371 while loading licensing data of the application? Don’t worry, In this article, you will know the possible causes and the solutions to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 3371.
Introduction to QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks Error 3371 usually occurs when a user is trying to load the license data of your QuickBooks application software. However, this error can occur in many variations like QuickBooks Error 3371 status code -1 and QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118. These errors normally arise due to improper or incorrect installation of the QuickBooks software. But, there can be many other causes for the QuickBooks Error 3371 to occur.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error 3371
As mentioned above, the QuickBooks error 3371 can be caused because of the wrong installation of the QuickBooks software. Other causes of the QuickBooks error 3371:
- It might be possible that some QuickBooks important files like the qbregistration.dat file are unable to be accessed and corrupted by some malware. To clarify, the qbregsitration.dat file consists of the information regarding the QuickBooks license.
- Another cause can be the Microsoft MSXML and .NET Framework components might be unable to proceed with the command.
- Your QuickBooks installation might be incomplete or incorrect that results in this error.
- If you have an older version of the QuickBooks application, then you are most likely to face this error. By older version, it means QuickBooks version 2011 or earlier.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 3371
All the QuickBooks errors appear with a clear explanation as to why QuickBooks could not launch on a pop-up. Once the user experiences them in the context. A few of the particular symptoms that users can notice when they experience QuickBooks Error 3371 or one of its variations are below.
- The error code will display, with a particular status code, if any.
- As a catastrophic error business files and other information would not be available to users.
- Users can also encounter QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104 while facing the error.
- Some users can encounter a lag in inputs supplied through a mouse or keyboard.
- Users may also encounter device crashes in extreme cases.
Solutions To Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 3371
It is a harmful error, so it is recommended to take a backup for all your company files before you try to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 3371.
Solution 1: Download and install the Entitlement file
The entitlement file comprises details to ensure that the installation of QuickBooks on the device is legitimate and has been recorded with Intuit. The first step to the resolution is to remove the current file and register QuickBooks with the relevant license details and the product number:
- In the ‘ProgramData Intuit’ tab.
- Go to the Entitlement Client sub-folder.
- Search the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Remove the QuickBooks file and re-open it.
- To re-register QuickBooks on the system, continue with the guidelines shown on the computer.
- QuickBooks re-registration is the best way to make sure that all the files needed are accurately configured.
Solution 2: Manually Update your Windows
- Open your Windows.
- After that, navigate to the ‘System Settings’ option.
- Then, click on the ‘Get Updates’ tab.
- Make sure that you see the ‘You are up to date’ message after updating.
- If required, you have to perform a basic clean installation of your QuickBooks application.
Solution 3: QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
The QuickBooks clean install tool is designed for installing the QuickBooks application cleanly and securely. You can find this tool in the QuickBooks Tools Hub application. Follow the steps to run QuickBooks clean install tool from the tool hub application:
- Open the QuickBooks Tools Hub application.
- After that, move to the ‘Installation Issues’ from the menu bar.
- Scroll to the bottom and you will find the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Right-click on this tool and start running the process.
The above solutions are the most effective solutions to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 3371. If the error still persists, contact the QuickBooks Error Support executives.