If you recognize the error code, it becomes easier to spot and control the factors that really caused the bug. Thus, the QuickBooks error code 15241 is mainly related to the payroll-related issues that may be seen at the time of the update. The occurrence of this error can be because of some corrupted Microsoft windows installer, or it may be because of some missing system settings.
You receive error 15241: The payroll update didn’t complete successfully. This error can occur if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.
How to identify QuickBooks error 15241?
Many QuickBooks users find it difficult to spot the error 15241. Therefore, we’ve come up with the symptoms that may help the users to identify the error. Allow us to consider the symptoms:
- The very first symptom is that if the error 15241 shows up and crashes the program window.
- Also, just in case the system crashes very often.
- When the windows run sluggishly and don’t respond properly to the mouse and keyboard inputs.
- In the situation when the PC freezes for a few moments at a time, such a situation might cause error 15241.
What Triggers to QuickBooks error 15241?
Before you learn the ways to repair this QuickBooks payroll error 15241, much important to first understand what are the factors liable for the occurrence of this error. Some of the common causes are listed below:
- Certain files associated with the QuickBooks software got deleted mistakenly by any of the programs.
- Or if the registry files are corrupted.
- You’ll also encounter this error if the downloaded file or the installation file gets corrupted somehow.
- Another factor causing this issue may be the partial installation of the QuickBooks software.
- Any kind of virus infection can finish up in QuickBooks error code 15241.
How to fix Error Code 15241 in QuickBooks
Following is the list of solutions for a way to repair Error Code 15241 in QuickBooks. Look at the steps for solutions below:
- The primary step is to shut QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then you’ve got to click the Windows Start button
- You’ve got to right-click Computer and verify for Manage.
- Windows 10: Click on the Search button on the taskbar and check for Computer.
- Now you are required to Right-click on the pc option and click on Manage.
- Now you required to click on the Services and Applications tab
- Then double-click on Services.
- You’ve got to Double-click on Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Click the Startup type drop-down arrow under the general tab, and choose Manual.
- Now Click on Apply.
- Click on Start then click on OK.
- You require shutting QuickBooks.
- Move to your computer’s desktop and Right-click the pc icon and choose Manage.
- Click Services and Applications, within the left pane,
- Double-click Services, within the middle pane,
- You’ve got to Double-click Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Click the Startup type drop-down arrow, on the general tab and choose Manual.
- Now Click on Apply.
- Click on Start then click OK.
- Open QuickBooks then try and update QuickBooks again.
- Click Employees and choose Get Payroll Updates.
- Entire payroll update, Click to pick Download
- You’ve got to Click Update
- A message like “A new tax table and/or updates to your payroll tax forms have installed on your computer when the download is complete
- To check out the changes Click OK
Now that you just have performed the steps enumerated above, it’s expected that the error wouldn’t trouble you anymore. These steps should fix the QuickBooks error 15241.
However, if the error persists for a few reasons, or just in case of any doubts, the QB users can discuss the problem with our experts at our website through a live chat option, and our team is there to help you.