Well, Alaska Airlines allows passengers to change or correct their names under any circumstances. It understands the severity of the situation and thinks for the convenience of customers. You can dial the Alaska Airlines customer care number (1-888-474-0163 or 1 (833) 584-0869) as soon as you notice an error in your name on the ticket.
Alaska allows one-time minor name correction free-of-charge under the following circumstances:
- Corrections of no more than three letters (i.e. Britny for Britney or Brittany; John for Jon)
- Obvious misspellings (i.e. Jeffrey for Geoffrey, Smith for Smyth, Gonsales for Gonzalez)
- Completing a first name (changing Jeff for Jeffrey, Tom for Thomas, etc.)
- Names inverted (i.e. JOHN/Doe for DOE/John)
- Alaska Airlines ticket Change last name due to marriage or divorce
Name transfer is allowed by Alaska for a $125.00 name transfer fee plus any difference in fare. Great news! This fee is waived when transferring a ticket from a gold member to another traveler. However, the name transfer fee does apply when transferring a ticket from a non-gold member to a gold member.
Can I transfer an Alaska Airlines ticket?
As Per Alaska Airlines No-Show Policy, you must change or cancel your reservation before your flight departs in order to receive future travel credit. Same-day confirmed changes can be made during the check-in window. A $25-50 fee will apply, but no difference in fare is charged. Saver fares cannot be changed.
Alaska Airlines Name Correction Online
- At first, the passenger needs to visit the official website of Alaska Airline.
- Then, select the option on Manage Booking.
- Enter the confirmation code and the passenger’s name.
- Next, fetch your bookings and then go to the option on ‘Flight Change’.
- Choose the flight and the changes you want to make then go to proceed.
- Lastly, choose the payment option as changing flights with Alaska Airlines fees.
- The process on Alaska Airlines flight change online is completed and a confirmed mail will be sent to your registered phone.
The airline allows passengers to make changes in their names. But, before that, you need to take care of some points that are involved in the Alaska Airline name change policy that is discussed below.
You can make your changes online if:
- Your reservation was purchased directly through Alaska Airlines.
- No one in your party has checked in for any flights on this reservation.
- Your reservation doesn’t include Saver fares or government fares.
- Your reservation includes no more than 7 guests and/or isn’t part of a larger group booking.
- Your reservation contains no more than 8 flight segments.
- Your reservation is not a Mileage Plan™ award ticket for travel on Cathay Pacific or LATAM.
- Your reservation doesn’t include certain special service requests, such as pet accommodations.
If your reservation is not eligible for online changes, please call reservations at 1-800-252-7522. (Dial 711 for relay services)
The Alaska Airlines 24-hour rule to make changes in any reservations can be done without paying any extra bucks. So, if you have booked your flight in the last 24-hours then you can proceed to change your name.
This name can be changed by choosing the “Manage Travel” option from the official website.
- If it has been more than 24 hours then you need to pay $125 to make changes in your name on Alaska Airlines Ticket.
- Do keep in mind that Alaska Airlines will entertain name changes which is a typo error and needs to be changed to a single letter.
- But in case you need to change the whole name then you need to produce legal documents duly signed and stamped by an authorized person.
- If you have got your flight booked by travel agents then you need to contact them in case of name changes. You can also reach the airport and contact the customer service or travel desk present at the airport.
Alaska Airlines Name Correction by Phone Number
The company also allows visitors to make relevant corrections in their names using the toll-free customer care phone service.
Alaska Airlines Customer Care Phone Number: Call 000 800 100 1051 or 1 (833) 584-0869
You can tell them all the details to let them make corrections on your behalf.