QuickBooks has many useful features that make it one of the best accounting software. One such feature is the Condense Data utility in QuickBooks. The Condense Data utility is a thoughtful feature that helps you to save computer space by reducing the file size. You can sometimes face errors when trying to condense the file size. The damaged company file can trigger the QuickBooks Condense error. The error is usually triggered due to some damaged file. You just need to repair the damaged file to fix the error. The information given below will explain the causes, and the solutions to the QuickBooks Desktop condense error. Read the complete article to find out which solution will be most effective for you.
If you require any technical assistance for the error’s troubleshooting, dial 844-932-1139 and get help from a QuickBooks Professional.
What Triggers Condense Error in QuickBooks?
The error can be triggered due to different reasons. The reasons why condense error gets triggered in QuickBooks are as follows:
- Negative inventory
- Damaged company file
- Corrupted LOG file
Once you find the cause of the error, you can easily imply the appropriate solution accordingly. Read the solutions below to find what solution will suit your situation.
Read Also – QuickBooks Unable To Backup Company File
Solutions to QuickBooks Desktop Condense Error
The most common and effective solutions are provided below. Go through all the solutions to diagnose the error, or use the hit and try method to fix the error.
1.Repair Negative Inventory
The company files that contain inventory should not have negative inventories. You need to check and repair the negative inventories in your data file to fix the error. The steps to repair the error are given below:
- You need to open QuickBooks and select Reports.
- Click Inventory and then choose Inventory Valuation Summary.
- Then you need to double-click the item that is showing negative values to QuickZoom. The inventory valuation detail report will appear when you QuickZoom an item.
- All the transactions related to the item with the negative value will appear in the order of date.
- Double-click the first bill to go to the Enter Bills window.
- Then Change the date to a day before your first invoice on the inventory valuation detail report.
- Finally, select save and close to apply the changes you made.
- Repeat the above steps for all the items that have a negative value.
2.Run File Doctor
The file doctor tool is mostly used to repair the damaged company files. If there is any damage to your company file, the file doctor tool will fix the error. Follow the steps given below to run the file doctor tool:
Note: Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub to run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Choose Company File Issues.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Then choose your company file from the drop-down menu, click Browse and search if you can’t find your file in the drop-down menu.
- Select Check your file and click Continue.
- Type your QuickBooks credentials and select the Next button.
The article explains the causes and the solutions to the QuickBooks Condense Data Error. The solutions provided above are running the file doctor tool and repairing the negative inventories. You can apply both solutions if you are not sure about the cause of the error. If the error is still not fixed, dial 844-932-1139 and get help from a QuickBooks Expert.
Other Search Query:-
QuickBooks Condense Data, QuickBooks Condense Data error, Can’t Condense QuickBooks Company File, Error Running QuickBooks Desktop Condense Data, QuickBooks 2018 there is not Enough Space, QuickBooks Condense Data Error, QuickBooks Condense Data Failure, QuickBooks Condense Data Tool Not Working, QuickBooks will not Condense your Data File, Unable to Condense Data in QuickBooks