QuickBooks is a leading software tool that has made some groundbreaking innovations in the industry of automated accounting solutions. Moreover, it has vast popularity in middle to small-sized businesses owing to its useful tools and 24*7 technical support for its customers. However, some issues like QuickBooks error 6073 hinder the productivity of its users and their tight schedules. It appears on the screen when the user tries to open the company file. The error message reads that QuickBooks is unable to open the company file and it could occur due to numerous reasons. So today, we will talk about its causes and solutions.
Are you tired of getting the company file errors at the rush hour of the day? Evade the problem immediately by calling on the toll-free number 844-932-1139 and get immediate assistance from the experts.
Causes of the QuickBooks Enterprise error 6073
Mostly, the QuickBooks Desktop error 6073 is caused due to these two reasons. Take a look.
- The company file is opened on a different system in single-user mode.
- The data file is stored in a folder with read-only access.
- The company file is either damaged or corrupted.
Since the list of the reasons is quite small, you can resolve the issue with minimal effort by following the solutions given in the next segment of the blog.
Are there any solutions for the QuickBooks error 6073?
Yes, as a matter of fact, there are various methods you can opt to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6073. Some of them are mentioned below.
Solution- 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
The file doctor utility in QuickBooks fixes any underlying damage in the company file that might be behind the error. You can run the tool through QuickBooks Tool Hub. In case if you don’t have it installed, download it from Intuit’s website before moving on with the steps mentioned below.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on the desktop to open it.
- Select Company File Issues and choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the damaged file.
- When you are done, try to open the company file.
- If you still can’t open it, come back to the Tool Hub and click on Program Problems.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program and let the scan finish.
- Try opening the file once again.
If you still can’t access the company file, follow the next solution.
Solution- 2: Stop the Multi-user Access from all the Workstations
QuickBooks fails to authenticate the company file’s location if one of the workstations is also configured to host the company file. Fix the problem by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open QuickBooks on any workstations and go to the File menu and hover over Utilities.
- If you see the Host Multi-User Access option, don’t select it. Move on to the next workstation. This one isn’t causing the problem.
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is an option, select it.
After this, reset the multi-user hosting in the server computer.
Wants to reach out for Expert assistance.
Here comes the end of our blog on QuickBooks error 6073. We hope you find every answer you are looking for in this written piece. However, if you still have an unanswered query, call on the helpline number 844-932-1139 and get immediate support for your problem.
Recommended to Read by Experts : QuickBooks abort error